<%NUMBERING1%>.<%NUMBERING2%>.<%NUMBERING3%> PRTG Manual: Application Programming Interface (API) Definition
The PRTG Application Programming Interface (API) enables you to access monitoring data and manipulate objects using HTTP requests, run your own written sensors and notifications, implement Mini Probes, and customize the web interface.
Detailed HTTP API Documentation
An interactive documentation of the API is integrated into your PRTG installation: Login to the web interface and select Setup | PRTG API from the main menu.
PRTG API Documentation
In different tabs, the documentation provides information about:
- HTTP API: Access monitoring data and manipulate monitoring objects using HTTP requests (includes an interactive query builder).
- Custom Sensors: Create your own sensors for customized monitoring.
- Custom Notifications: Create your own notifications to send alarms to external systems.
- Mini Probe API: Create your own small probes to get monitoring data from any platform. See section More below for sample usages of the Mini Probe interface.
- Website Styling: Customize the look and feel of PRTG by adding your own CSS statements. See section More below for sample customizations.
You can also have a look at Paessler's PRTG demo installation's API documentation. But only the documentation that comes with your PRTG installation fits exactly the PRTG version you are using.
API Documentation in Paessler's PRTG Demo Installation
Knowledge Base: Where can I find PRTG Mini Probes which are ready to use?